Brooklyn Bedford Large in Matte Grey
Meet Bedford, our timeless time-saver, whose diamond frame and matte finish distinguish this bike as our most classic. A single-speed workhorse that will be your loyal local companion, its lightweight design and functional geometry are well-suited even for easy lifting should the need arise. Durable black tires and a raw aesthetic are right at home on the city streets, while its warm honey-hued saddle and grips add a touch of gentility. The ageless silhouette and sleek modern design of our Bedford will convey you to your destination--and your style to everyone you meet along the way.
Why our Bedford is Better:
- Chromoly steel frame means lighter, stronger frame
- Precision sealed-bearing hubs mean longevity and smoother ride
- Rust-resistant chain means longer chain life
- Size: M, L
- Weight: 28lbs
- Colors: Matte Black, Matte Grey
- Frame: Lightweight 4130 CrMo diamond frame with rear carrier & down tube braze-ons
- Fork: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. custom steel fork with fender & front carrier braze-ons
- Front Hub: Sealed-Bearing Alloy 36H
- Rear Hub: Sealed-Bearing Alloy 36H
- Pedals: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Alloy City Pedals
- Bottom Bracket: Square-taper BSA English threaded-cartridge bottom bracket with sealed bearings
- Crank: 3-piece alloy with replaceable chain ring & chain guard
- Chain: KMC Z410RB Zinc- and chrome-treated to resist corrosion and rusting
- Saddle: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Leatherette Touring Saddle with patented suspension & absorption systems
- Seat Post: Alloy with integrated seat clamp and micro-adjust
- Handlebar: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. North-Road-style alloy handlebars & 180mm alloy stem
- Headset: 1” Threaded Alloy, Semi-sealed with weather-seal ring
- Grips: Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Custom Leatherette Comfort Grips
- Front & Rear Hand Brakes: Tektro Dual-Pivot Caliper with Tektro Alloy Hand Lever
- Tires: Kenda Kwest 700x35 Black Tires
- Rims: Double-Walled Alloy, 36H with CNC Machined Brake Surface
- Spokes: 14G stainless steel
- Heavy duty alloy center mount kickstand
Takoma Bicycle Policies, Returns and Shipping
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We stand behind everything we sell, whether it be a new bike, a helmet to protect what’s important, or something as simple as socks to keep your comfortable. We want you to be as satisfied with your new products as you are with your shopping experience. And we believe we have just the right knowledge and gear to find that perfect fit. Stop in today to see how we can help you take your riding to new levels this year.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days and we'll exchange it or give you a refund. We want our customers to be happy with our products!
Ship returns via Ground UPS or insured US Mail. We will refund shipping costs on damaged or incorrect merchandise. Merchandise returned that appears used will be subject to a restocking fee. (Labor fees are not refundable, i.e., custom built wheels.)
Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server. This information is used to enhance your experience when using our website. Email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to third parties. Email may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us. In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions, which are included in the emails that you receive. You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Shipping (Continental U.S.)
Takoma Bicycle will only ship orders within the United States. Orders typically ship USPS or UPS Ground, depending on the item(s). New bicycles must be delivered to end-consumer in person, per our dealer agreements, and cannot be shipped.
Orders usually ship within 1-2 business days. Next-day (overnight) orders are usually delivered by the end of the following day. We will do our best to let you know if your order is delayed for any reason. Takoma Bicycle has the right to cancel an order that appears fraudulent. Our online inventory updates every 12 hours. Feel free to call our store to check availability of any item before you place an order. Please note that some items may be subject to additional shipping and handling charges because of size or weight. Sorry, but we do not ship outside of the Continental U.S.
Most orders will be ready within 1-2 business days. We are happy to accommodate quicker pickup times if you would kindly call us by phone to confirm the order prior to picking it up. Unless special arrangements are made in advance, orders need to be picked up within 10 days or a 10% restocking fee will be charged.